To promote recreational and competitive cross-country skiing among people of all ages in the Devon area so they can enjoy a low-cost, local, outdoor winter activity that contributes to their health and sense of well-being.
The Devon Nordic Ski Club maintains trails in the beautiful Devon river valley. We groom 12 km for classical skiing on the golf course and river hills and 1 km of trail along the river’s edge for skate skiing enthusiasts.
All skiers are welcome to use our trails - member and nonmember, novice and advanced, recreational and competitive. Please be considerate of others by following these guidelines:
- Please stay on the trails and off the golf course, especially sensitive, roped off areas.
- Do not walk or snowshoe on the ski tracks.
- Please do not ski with your dog on the groom trails.
- Practice trail etiquette. When overtaking another skier, call out "Track," and step to the side if an approaching skiers calls out “Track.” Move off to the side if you fall. Try to fill any holes you made.
- If you see a fellow skier in need, stop to help.
- Remember: pack out all garbage and help keep our river valley clean.
- Non members are asked to sign in at the trailhead. They may support the club by placing a donation in the box near the trailhead.
Trail Conditions, click here.
For a map of our trail system, click here.
Information about Ski Wax: SWIX WAXPACK 3
Devon Family Loppet race results, click here.
Get directions to Devon with Google maps:
View Larger Map
To find the trailhead, follow Saskatchewan Avenue down into the river valley. The trails start from the parking lot at the Lion’s Park entrance and are located in the areas labeled “GOLF COURSE” and “CAMPGROUND”.